Looking for some insights to see if others are having this problem and if this is a bug or something else:
I have found that if a GLB model has a Normal Map applied, the model surface normals do not display correctly in 4.16.1
Here is an example with a GLB bag + Normal Map:
- I have found this consistent across every GLB model I have tested in 4.16.1
I have found a working solution - export the GLB with "vertex tangents applied to mesh. here is an example of this:
- This is a working solution, however not ideal as vertex tangents effects GLB file size
- I did not previously have to enable export "vertex tangents applied to mesh”
- This points to a possibility that something has changed in how Lens Studio interprets surface normals.
- I have not seen any information on this in the latest update notes, and so far have not received any response from support.
- Additional workaround I have found is to export model as OBJ/FBX and configured the material with textures manually, which also works, however I have specific reasons for wanting to utilize the GLB format
Anyone have any information or insights into this??