This is my first public lens, which I made for a friend who really wanted a big fly. Had a lot of fun making it and learned a lot of various LS features, along with ways to correctly importing / export from various software.
A few things I learned while making this.
- (Fly) How to correctly rig, animate and export an object from Blender to Lens Studio.
- (Fly ) How to import multiple animation actions and then randomly start and overlay them.
- (Hair) How to setup and sculpt a hair piece in Blender
- (Fly) How to create a lighting material texture combining metallic, roughness, and ambient occlusion using Affinity Photo.
- (Tie) How to rig and implement a skinned mesh and use it with chain physics
- Probably a bunch of other stuff I'm already forgetting :D
A few things I would like to figure out how to do.
- Custom fit the hair piece to an individuals head (I think I saw a tutorial on how to do this regarding hats, so may try that out).
- Custom fit the width of the collar to the user's neck. Not sure how I would go about that yet, or if I can find a way to better cheat it.
- Have the fly buzz off when you wave your hand in front of it, and then have it come back after a few seconds (I might be too lazy to work that out in this lens).
Please sign in to leave a comment.