Part of 3D Object Not Showing
If I try importing this one object from Blender, pieces of the object will not show. What is strange is that if I try importing a different object, it's totally visible. I even deleted the face occluder to see if that could have been the problem and remodeling the object, but the pieces are still not there.
This image is without the face occluder.
Can you upload it at google drive so i can take a look?
I think i found a similiar question here; Amir replied, try what he said first,
I have looked at Amir's response, and from what I can tell, my project is following everything it should.
Thank you for replying,
I've downloaded it, and you can remove the link if you dont want anyone to get it.
I will let you know if i got a update regarding the issue.
Thank you so much!
For some reason, it's not letting me add the ones on the front and the sides
Huh, I feel like you got more on there than I did. What did you do?
Maybe joining the objects together in Blender would work? That's the way they were originally, but I changed it hoping it would work.
I just used the basketball cap template, and changed the texture.
I also deleted some things from the template, and made things bigger.
Still working on it.
Yeah try that.
Found the problem, it's the occluder.
I'm so confused. Wasn't the occluder deleted?
I didnt find a occluder in your project
Oh, so you used the baseball cap template, changed the texture, added the extra pieces of the hat, and repositioned the occluder?
Let me know when you're ready to receive the download link.
Okay, I'm ready!
Ops, sorry for late response.
I fell asleep.
Let me know when you got it
Haha, you're good!
Just got the fix, thank you!
Let me know if there's any issues with it, and i would love to help out.
Thank you so much! Your solution works perfectly! Unfortunately, whenever I try adding the occluders and mesh visuals in my own project, it still doesn't work. So, I don't really know what to do should the problem reoccur. It does works as a short-term fix!
The occluders and mesh visuals for the hat should beeen already fixed, may i know what's missing?
Your fix works great, but I am trying to implement the same concept into another project so that I can learn from my mistakes. So far, I tried adding the occluders, but there still doesn't seem to be an improvement in my project.
It's fine if we can't figure it out since I have the fixed version but am trying to learn :).
Did you select "head binding 1" so occluder gets included in it too?
Let me know if you want me to help you.
Well, I've selected all of the meshes under Head Binding 1 and assigned the occluder to it. Then, I selected the face occluder and assigned it occluder 2.
If you don't think it would be too much trouble to help, that would be great!
Download this then right click in the objects window and click import object
let me know when you got it
Got it! Thank you!
You might need to adjust it, but should be easy.
let me know if there's anything else i can help you with
Sounds good. Thanks again!
Try checking your normals. I use Blender and I've occasionally had issues with my normals facing the wrong way. The process for checking normals is a little different if you're using 2.8 vs a 2.7x release. For 2.7x, you can check your normals this way. For Blender 2.8 you can check your normals from the overlays menu.
If that's the issue, just go into edit mode and flip the normals of the misbehaving faces and re-export your mesh.
I have a plan where two objects in my bathroom (Toilet and Basin) are not visible in either section or 3D view.