Second experiment with the new Depth Materials Template. When available, the depth templates can use depth data provided by Google’s ARCore Depth API to enhance the Lens experience--whether it be to occlude content by physical objects, get information about surfaces in the camera, or to create effects that respond to depth.
Take the Depth Materials Template and configure the "Edge Detection" example to be able to create an outline of everyday objects that you Snap and print for children to trace and color in.
Other Creations - See Creator Page
- Downloaded new Depth Materials Template.
- Enabled the Edge Detection Example
- Added an Orthographic Camera by adding a screen image.
- Imported the UI Control Template and placed under the orthographic camera.
- Disabled all controls other than the UI Button.
- Setup the Scene Config and layers so that the UI toggle wouldn't appear in the Snap that was captured.
- Added a series of post effects to get the B&W lines
- Added a UI Button and modified the DepthEffectController to show a "Toggle Depth" button when Depth information was available to create a different effect.
- Lastly, tested and then added an icon and a preview.