When adding a new folder to my resources panel, I must:
- Click Add New
- Click "New Folder" (Should just be "Folder" the "Add" is redundant and doesn't match the naming of other elements)
- > A new folder named "New Folder" appears
- Click once on the new folder to select it.
- Click again slowly to rename it
- Type new name
- Type enter to finish renaming
- Click on the "Add New" button
- Select "Folder"
- > A new folder is added named "Folder". The folder is selected and the name is already in edit mode.
- Type the new folder's name.
- Press enter to finish renaming.
In addition, it would be great if the following keyboard shortcuts could be added:
- Enter/Return: Starts renaming the selected element (This is the Mac OS finder behavior and is really great to use.)
- F2: Start renaming (This is the Windows Explorer shortcut, I don't use it because it's so far away, but I imagine someone knows and uses it).
- Up/Down Arrow: If already renaming an element instead of hitting Enter to complete renaming you can use the up/down arrows to navigate to the next element and begin renaming it. (This is the behavior in Cinema 4D and is really nice for speeding up workflows).
These changes would help to better mimic OS behaviors and really speed up the process of naming and organizing elements.
Thank you for your time and consideration!