Hey Snap AR Ecosystem,
Yesterday we released Lens Studio 4.16, which includes some features you have been requesting for some time as well as several workflow enhancements we think you are really going to enjoy like:
- Custom Landmarkers - Finally you too can anchor Lenses to local places (e.g. statues, sculptures, storefronts, etc.) you wish to augment with the power of LiDAR as announced at last year's Lens Fest!
- Auto-Updater - No need to constantly download new Lens Studio versions from our website every time there's a new update. Rather, Lens Studio will update directly in the app, with options for immediate installation or a later reminder so you can keep creating and managing your experience on your own terms.
- Physics Enhancements - Check out new Physics Material properties that allow you to adjust object bounciness and friction, improve tunneling issues like simulation rate, kinematic smoothing, and speed limits, and utilize additional collision shapes like cones and cylinders, and hand colliders. Template here!
- Custom Components - Rather than downloading and uploading re-usable Lens Studio Objects, we are creating the framework for you to be able to bundle script and the resources needed in order for the scripts to work into your own Custom Components, downloadable from the Asset Library. We have added some Custom Components that have made our Lens Creating lives simpler for you to include in your next Lenses. Template including SnapML Effect Custom Components here!
- Native Keyboard Access - Now Snapchatters can access the device’s native keyboard in AR Lens experiences through the new Keyboard asset in the Asset Library. Template here!
- Draco Compression - Dramatically lessen your Lens size with this new tool that automatically reduces high-poly 3D models for you!
- Authentication - When you open Lens Studio you will be prompted to log in via your Snapchat account (rather than when you submit your Lens) for a more seamless Lens creation experience.
- Voice-ML Improvements - We’ve added support for Spanish and German Speech Recognition, System Commands like “Send to” and “Favorite”, new male voice styles, timing information for each phoneme in TTS results, and the ability to categorize sounds into several categories with Audio Classification. Additionally, with the new Spectacles Voice Control template, Lens Creators can learn how to incorporate transcription and keyword detection to their wearable experience.