Thought I would experiment with the new Depth Materials Template. When available, the depth templates can use depth data provided by Google’s ARCore Depth API to enhance the Lens experience--whether it be to occlude content by physical objects, get information about surfaces in the camera, or to create effects that respond to depth.
- Downloaded new Depth Materials Template.
- Enabled the Edge Detection Example
- Added an Orthographic Camera by adding a screen image.
- Imported the UI Control Template and placed under the orthographic camera.
- Disabled all controls other than the UI Color Picker
- Setup the Scene Config and layers so that the UI toggle wouldn't appear in the Snap that was captured.
- Inspected the Edge Detection material to see which parameter needed to have the color input. Script Name "lineColor"
- Modified the UIColorPicker script to add the output of the color picker to the material.
- First added this line to be able to select the material.
- Next added a line to the updateColorVisual Function
- Then, modified the new properties of the UI Color Picker in the objects tree
- Lastly, tested and then added an icon and a preview.